Labels

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Environmental Portait : Texting in Class

The inspiration for this piece was from Rory Kurtz. This is was originally a picture of my friend, Morgan Jackson, and she wanted me to take a picture of her looking at her phone in Honors Orchestra. It was in color when I first took the picture but she edited it so it can be in black and white when she posted it on facebook. I took that same concept of it being in black and white ,and I decided to corporate some color into it. So as a result, I painted the background and the color of her skin in black and white. Then, I painted her clothes, boots, earrings, and phone in color since she is the main focus of the piece. I am really satisfied of the overall result of the painting. The only thing that I would change about it is that I should have painted her face in color along with the rest of her clothes.

4 comments:

  1. Not too late if you are going to be at the school tomorrow. Nice reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a natural talent for acrylic paint. I have tried to use it many times and have never been this successful with it so congrats. I kinda like the idea of her not being painted along with her cloth because it adds focus to the boots and the jeans, the areas in your work that show the most detail and in my opinion really excel. The background and where she is seating is a little bit hard to tell, but the focus point is strong enough to where you really don't focus on the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this piece that you did. The composition is interesting and I like how Morgan is not quite in the center. You did a great job with the boots, jeans and pretty much with the rest of her clothes. I kind of agree with you when you said you wished to have painted her skin in color than black and white. If you did this then her whole body would be the focus, not just her clothes. But it still looks great with her skin in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job on this piece and i would agree on what Santiago said "you do have a natural talent". I like the contrast you did with the boots and jeans, it really brings the color out and makes her the focus point.

    ReplyDelete